Veteran Hip Hop artist, producer, writer and creative Emcee N.I.C.E, originally known as Aulsondro “Novelist” Hamilton, is an example of what’s working in the urban music scene today for independent artists who stand firm on their beliefs and hold true to the values that secular artists are seemingly now grabbing ahold of in trending music. As the acronym for his stage name suggests (Novelist Is Constantly Evolving,) Emcee N.I.C.E.’s artistic reinvention and unconventional strategies have led to repeated chart success as an independent crossover artist.
Emcee N.I.C.E.’s most recent single, “Glory To God” featuring Grammy-Winner Fred Hammond landed at the #1 peak position on Billboard’s Gospel Single Sales chart, and remained in the Top 5 for several weeks. Past Billboard chart-topping hits include #1 Top Gospel Albums and #1 Gospel Album Sales for the release of his debut album, PRAISE, and #1 Hot Single Sales, and #1 Digital Song Sales for his lead single “I Got Angels” featuring Gospel Hall of Famer Richard Smallwood. Other notable achievements include a song on the soundtrack for the Academy Award-winning film, CRASH, a cover of a Prince song emphatically praised by the late-legend himself, and being the co-creator of the first black animated series ever on Netflix, “Da Jammies.”
Other Notables of EMCEE N.I.C.E:
- Has spent over 27 weeks on Billboard charts, achieving a Billboard #1 Album, and three (3) #1 Singles!
- 17 years in the game he’s been on 30+ records, including the Academy Award Winning soundtrack for the movie Crash, and soundtrack for Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Has producing credits alongside some of hip hop’s greatest artists — 2Pac/Nas (Thugz Mansion remix, posthumously)
- Featured artist on over 60+ AllHipHop.com/DJ Hustle Mixtapes,
- Seen in Billboard.com, Respect Mag, The Gospel Guru, The Urban Buzz.
- Producer and star of Da Jammies on Netflix, first ever african american animated series on netflix.
- Creator and curator of the rapidly growing God’s Calamari Spotify playlist.
- Current single “Glory to God” featuring Fred Hammond went #1 on Billboard Gospel
- New single “God’s Bounce” coming August 31!
- Booked for first ever Gospel Hip Hop Cruise
- Upcoming opening performance with Deitrick Haddon – Sept 15
- Hails from El Paso, TX
- NEW! Dash Radio Station launching in August: Gods House of Hip Hop (GH3), Created and programmed by Emcee N.I.C.E., its their first ever Christian hip hop format station.